GB 39 Xuan Zhong 懸鐘
XUAN to suspend, to hand
ZHONG bell, clock
Location and Needling:
3 cun above the prominence of the lateral malleolus, in the depression between the posterior border of the fibula and the tendon of the peroneus longus and the peroneus brevis.
1-1.5 cun perpendicular
Contraindications and Cautions
Influential point for marrow. (bone and brain).
Strengthens Marrow and Essence and sinews and bones, paralysis due to yin deficiency with wind and tight tendons in elderly, wei syndrome (wasting of tendons), clears marrow heat
Benefits the neck
Discharges GB Fire and LV Yang
Signs and Symptoms
- Cheng, Xinnong, ed. Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2nd ed. Beijing: Foreign Languages Press, 2005.
- Deadman, Peter, Mazin Al-Khafaji, Kevin Baker. A Manual of Acupuncture. East Sussex, England: Journal of Chinese Medicine Publications, 2001. A Manual of Acupuncture. 2nd ed. East Sussex, England: Journal of Chinese Medicine Publications, 2007.
- National Acupuncture Foundation. Clean Needle Technique Manual for Acupuncturists. Guidelines and Standards for a Clean and Safe Clinical Practice of Acupuncture. 6th ed. Chaplin, CT: National Acupuncture Foundation, 2009.
- O’Connor, John, and Dan Bensky, trns. and ed. Acupuncture: A Comprehensive Text. Shanghai College of Traditional Medicine. Seattle, WA: Eastland Press, 1996.
- Connelly, Dianne M. Traditional Acupuncture: The Law of the Five Elements. 2nd ed. Traditional Acupuncture Institute, 1994.
- Kaptchuk, Ted J. The Web That Has No Weaver: Understanding Chinese Medicine. 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- Maciocia, Giovanni. The Foundations of Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Text for Acupuncturists and Herbalists. 2nd ed. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 2005. The Practice of Chinese Medicine: The Treatment of Disease with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs. 2nd ed. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 2007.
- Wiseman, Nigel, and Andy Ellis. Fundamentals of Chinese Medicine. Revised Edition. Brookline, MA: Paradigm Publications, 1995.
- Worsley, J. R. Traditional Chinese Acupuncture: Meridians and Points. 2nd ed. Element Books, 1991.
- Zhang, Ting Liang, and Bob Flaws. trns. A Handbook of Traditional Chinese Gynecology. 3rd ed. Boulder, CO: Blue Poppy Press, 1987.
11 Mar 2012 04:47